Thursday, March 29, 2007

Saturn Movies



















i'm a bit late on this, but hubble recently released three movies of saturn, two of them showing several of saturn's moons in orbit around the planet, and the third one showing details of the planet's southern hemisphere. the "movies" are actually constructed from only about a dozen images, that were turned into the hundreds of images needed to make a movie with some fancy software. either way, the movies are quite cool. (image credit: hubble)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger (Ryan) Michney said...

I think I need to get a new blog name...the current one is too obtuse and bizarre. Also, not physicsy enough. What say you, wise fellow blogger?

10:57 PM  
Blogger Zosia A. C. Krusberg said...

a new blog name? hm. i like yours though! but i've changed mine at least a couple of times so i know wht you mean. how about something neutrino-related?

12:59 PM  
Blogger (Ryan) Michney said...

I have thought of a few things like Hubble's Basement, or Anisotropist, or, from a excellent quote that "Science is the topography of ignorance," Topography of Ignorance. I like the last one as a title for something, but I don't know if it would make it sound like I was writing about dumb people, or implying that I was dumb. And Anisitropist is sort of neat, but I would worry that people who knew me would think it was pretentious, like I was declaring myself head of the CMB power spectrum. I should probably look for some archaic words or something. This is how you can tell that the term hasn't gotten going yet for me...

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home